Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summer Reading Suggestion #1

Over the next few weeks, I will be posting reading suggestions for my students. I have already suggested some of the ones I will be posting, but I wanted to remind them of these great books.

First this week is The Kane Chronicles. This is the next series by Rick Riordan, author of the Percy Jackson series. The Kane Chronicles have to do with Egyptian gods and goddess. In the first book entitled "Red Pyramid", Carter Kane and his sister Sadie, try to rescue their father from the evil Egyptian god Set. Little do they know that each has unique powers and that they are descendants of a long line of Pharaohs. Their newly found powers help them on their quest to free their dad. What's the twist? Set is not the only Egyptian god they encounter.

If you like action, mystery, Egyptian mythology, and fantasy, then this is the book for you! I can't wait until the next installment of the Kane Chronicles.