Sunday, March 4, 2012

More Book Reviews

Not being able to update my blog, I have decided to delete previous entries with no book reviews. I enjoy reading books and recommending them to my 6th grade students, even though I no longer teach reading. That is a common bond with students and teachers....good books!

Here are a few of the books I have read since my last book update. Most of these are sci-fi/fantasy books:

1. Cinder by Marissa Meyer--first book in the Lunar Chronicles. Think of a futuristic Cinderella fairytale story. Cinder is a cyborg mechanic from the moon AND lives in New Beijing, one of several earth commonwealths formed (or surviving) after World War IV.

2. Reckless series by Cornelia Funke...first in a series.

3. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi--LOVED this book...another first in a series.

4. The Hades(Halo) trilogy by Alexandra Adornetto--waiting for the last in the trilogy.

5. Darke, a Septimus Heap book by Angie Sage--book #6 in the Septimus Heap series.

6. Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan--book #2 in the Kane Chronicles series.

7. Goliath by Scott Westerfield--last book of the Leviathan series.

8. Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan--Book #2 in the Heroes of Olympus series.

9. The Book of Tormod #2: Templar's Gifts by Kat Black.

10. Witch & Wizard: The Fire by James Patterson.

I enjoyed reading all of them, but as with all books, some were written better than others. I hope you find this list useful!

What I have ordered and will begin receiving in May:
1. The Serpent's Shadow--Kane Chronicles #3
2. City of Lost Souls--Mortal Instruments#5
3. Insurgent--Divergent Trilogy #2
4. The Enchantress--book 7 of the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flammel series
5. The Book of Tormod #3: A Templar's Destiny

Enjoy!