Thursday, August 22, 2013

The New School Year

Every year, I struggle with the idea of deleting previous posts from this blog.  I usually go and delete a few entries.  This year, I decided to just let it go.  Perhaps some students and parents will find it interesting to see what has been done in the past.

New School Year Event:
Today we had our first Butler Middle School 6th gr. orientation.  Mrs. Vanden Heuvel and I coordinated the event, but many people were involved in making it a success. Staff, core and elective teachers, office staff, custodians, and site council members were instrumental in getting this Igniting the Spark event of the ground.  Over 300 students attended today's orientation.  From my point of view, it was a success!

I was so busy presenting, that I forgot to take pictures!  Sorry.....

Hoping for a very wonderful school year....