Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Exciting News -- For Me!


It has been almost 37 years since I started teaching in the School District of Waukesha.  The first ten years I taught bilingual 3rd grade at White Elementary School.  Then I transferred to Bethesda Elementary School.  There I taught for 23 year at the 6th grade level, all subjects and specializing in Science for all sixth grade students.  Four years ago, sixth grade moved to the middle schools and I found myself teaching at Butler Middle School.

For me, teaching has been extremely rewarding.  This year's students are especially enjoyable to teach.  What better way to end my career as a teacher with such wonderful students.  Yes, I will be retiring at the end of this school year.  I turned in my letter of retirement today.

To celebrate, I have a Hershey's Chocolate candy bar to the first student in each hour who congratulates me on my retirement!!!  Let's see who reads this blog!

Mrs. Evans